The fish addiction is killing me

• LeafsFan
  • LeafsFan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan created the topic: The fish addiction is killing me

I was looking online today at used fish tanks and came across a 3" Midas cichlid for $10. The last bit I've taken an interest in them. I don't have the money for another tank and filter so I obviously can't get it but I want it so bad lol. Not to mention its 5 hours away and that's where my sister is and she's coming home next weekend. The biggest I couldn't get my hands on is my old 46gallon so I'm just going to have to fight the urge and leave the fish where he is and not spend money I shouldn't be. What a struggle. Someone talk be out of buying another tank please ahahahah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:The fish addiction is killing me

Dude a few months ago I had the same problem. I even tore down my 55 and tried to keep inly one tank ....it lasted maybe two or three weeks..
But balancing finances isnimportant and a fact of life....just cuznyou cant afford it today will make you appreciate it more once you have some extra funds

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: The fish addiction is killing me

Quite normal Tyler. 45yrs in the hobby, 1500gals of tanks in the house and I still want more. The foray into the Centrals is a whole new ball game, but a great game! Patience and time, you will get there if you want. Midas is fairly cool, but if you are serious, save up, get a whopper tank and get yerself a male Jag. Impressive, most impressive. I think I've read that here before? lol.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• LeafsFan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

LeafsFan replied the topic: The fish addiction is killing me

It's crazy how addictive fish are. I could find 50 different fish I want in 10 minutes. I would really love to have a jag.

Funny what dave is telling you when I got back into the hobby he would talk about centrals to me but oh man are THEY addicting....way too many its at the point where I dont go on rapps or wetspots websites and definitly no visits to lfs

Once you take that plunge its over.

• LeafsFan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

LeafsFan replied the topic: The fish addiction is killing me

I have to stay off the internet if I plan on not spending more money on fish. Cichlids are awesome, the more you research them the more you want.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: The fish addiction is killing me

The real problem is when you cant find anything you want at local fish stores because they are too common, so you start having to buy all your fish online! Talk about expensive!

Yes very very true..most lfs near me never heard of my fish...bad huh

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:The fish addiction is killing me

I know this all too well. I'm around 600 gals worth of tanks at the moment, but that will increase soon :whistle: I swore black and blue 'NO MORE FISH' after I got my Umbee too.

Stupid Gumtree.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:The fish addiction is killing me

Well, I am actually out of room for more tanks, and really have no time or desire to maintain any more. HOWEVER.. during my considerable summer holidays I am going to try combining some fish, and maybe free up a tank or 2. Thinking of trying my nasty male JD with my female Dovii. She is rapidly catching up in size and should be able to knock the considerable chip of his shoulder. Also may try Festae in the 265 if she puts on some more size. All maybes for now

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds