Handfeeding Freddy 19 Feb 2015

• Lammergeier
  • Lammergeier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

But my camera is... well, my partner's phone. And I'm not going out to his work to steal his phone, come back home, snap a pic, then take his phone back to his work :lol:

I'll take more photos when he gets home lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

That's right Lamm still back in the 1900's with phone technology still got you flip phone? Time to modernise !!

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

I don't have a flip phone! I have a half broken Nokia E5 that's missing the main button and won't receive pictures for some reason. I can take pics with it but in all honesty, if you guys just want a roughly fish shaped blur I'll probably get better results opening MS paint and wowing you all with my awesome MS paint skills.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Jack and I are the one's with the flip phones. :lol:

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Man I love bloodworms. Gave her some a couple of hours ago and she wolfed them all down like she's never eaten. That's not why I love them though. They've made her want food!

I went in to say hi to Tia again 10 minutes ago and she actually swam up to me expecting food, so I gave her a couple of food sticks and she ate them! :D

New vitachem has officially arrived, so starting in the morning (she's eaten more than enough today) she's going to get pellets soaked in vitachem for every meal until my new FD krill arrives, then she'll get a lot of that as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rogue_Violetta

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

I tried the bloodworms as a kind of "Maybe she'll get SOMETHING into her!" with Malekith, and the next thing I know, she's chasing down pellets, and I accidentally overfed her in enthusiasm...well, that's what I'm now saying. >.>

They're a damn miracle I think! Glad they worked for Tia as well!

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Couldn't resist - fed her a couple of pellets tonight that had been soaked in vitachem and she ate them without complaint.

She's still terrified of people, but where she was kept she probably never really clearly saw a person, poor little thing.

On another note, my fish all went completely nuts over the FW version of vitachem. had the SW version previously, but this freshwater formula makes all of them go crazy.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Wooohooo! Go Tia! :laugh:

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Who said that's a female?? :whistle: Shoot me a video when he settles down...... :whistle:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Lammergeier replied the topic: I got a (maybe) Freddy!

I was the one who thought female :blink: Man I'm absolutely hopeless at this fish sexing thing.

What makes you think male? I thought with Freddies it'd be somewhat similar to jags.

Jack help lol.

Edit: I thought that the barring much more closely resembled www.aquamojo.com/fred/Fredrichsthali-711.jpg (female) than www.aquamojo.com/fred/Fredrichsthali-727.jpg (male). Since you popped in and dropped that bomb then disappeared... :P I've turned to google in desperation and I've got to admit; most pics I'm finding she looks more female than male to me, such as the bottom two on here www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?602480-Help-Sexing-Friedrichsthalii-Cichlid . I'm totally lost now.

Edit edit: Actually is it the mottling on the gill plate? Looking at the pics I referred you to it looks like the females all lack that. Interesting... Be easier to tell once he/she colours up a little. I'll try and take some more pics tomorrow.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds