Handfeeding Freddy 19 Feb 2015

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Daisy is a special case dude :P

At least you got Henry right. We're only guessing with Malekith, which I should mention to you, as you haven't seen the movie, is a MALE villain! I wonder how hard Christopher Eccleston would laugh if he knew...

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lammergeier
  • Lammergeier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: I got a (maybe) Freddy!

I might have gotten Henry right lol. He's pretty easy to vent without taking him out of the water due to spending so much time with his head towards the surface going 'feed me!', but honestly.... I'm right on Ganbie, but other people sexed him for me, and right with Adie, but with her egg tube that's obvious. All the others... eh. I'm just no good at it.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: I got a (maybe) Freddy!

You noticed Adie's markings before naming her dude :P I remember weeks of name swapping. :P

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Poseidon2.0 wrote: Jack and I are the one's with the flip phones. :lol:

Damn right.......I don't need a computer in my pocket...besides, Big Brother can't track old flip phones. :whistle:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Darth Nandopsis wrote:

Damn right.......I don't need a computer in my pocket...besides, Big Brother can't track old flip phones. :whistle:

Bought my first cell phone around 10yrs ago. An LG flip phone. Still have and use it. Never failed, great reception. Original battery. The wife on the other hand gets a new I phone Galaxy 5-6 whatever comes out next. Junk, all of it. Old school rules!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Didn't mean to derail thread to talk phones..sorry and certainly did not mean to disrespect anyone on the type of phone they use...sorry. Hope we're still all 'friends'.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Lammergeier wrote: I was the one who thought female :blink: Man I'm absolutely hopeless at this fish sexing thing.

What makes you think male? I thought with Freddies it'd be somewhat similar to jags.

Jack help lol.

Edit: I thought that the barring much more closely resembled www.aquamojo.com/fred/Fredrichsthali-711.jpg (female) than www.aquamojo.com/fred/Fredrichsthali-727.jpg (male). Since you popped in and dropped that bomb then disappeared... :P I've turned to google in desperation and I've got to admit; most pics I'm finding she looks more female than male to me, such as the bottom two on here www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?602480-Help-Sexing-Friedrichsthalii-Cichlid . I'm totally lost now.

Edit edit: Actually is it the mottling on the gill plate? Looking at the pics I referred you to it looks like the females all lack that. Interesting... Be easier to tell once he/she colours up a little. I'll try and take some more pics tomorrow.

Pic schmick....take me a video. B)

I just looked at that pic & saw that big bulky head & stated male. Looks to have pointed dorsal/anal fins. I have a pretty good batting average w/ Parachromis ID'ing. B)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Lammergeier replied the topic: I got a (maybe) Freddy!

The pic might be misleading - the end of Tia's fins were clamped for the first 24 hours or so I had her/him.

I'll get a vid once he/she's more settled. If it helps any - dorsal fin = rounded, anal fin = pointed (but frayed so ???). I could get a vid now but Tia will just play dead huddled in the corner until I put the camera away :(

In the mean time I'm going to continue living in denial lol.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Darth Nandopsis wrote:

Turn off the gps option and no one outside of a warrant can track you (all cell phones can be pinpointed through cell tower triangulation nowadays).

On a side note, people who do not turn off GPS option on their cell phone, take pictures, and post those pictures on the internet will give away their location due to the data embedded in the picture (latitude and longitude). If someone looks at the data, and know that you and your family are nowhere near your house, then guess who is going break through your backdoor while you are gone?

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Should I amend the title of this thread? :D I think I will.

Anyway, off (on) topic: My god Tia's pooping a lot - a Mrs Poopington to Ganbie's Mr. Poopington-ness. All normal though. Gave her 3 vitachem soaked pellets this morning. Eating like a little champion.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds