Handfeeding Freddy 19 Feb 2015

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

I am losing track of all your fish now. Is Tia your new Jag (who is possibly male)? :dry:

I PM'd you. (not using my flip phone though) :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lammergeier
  • Lammergeier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Yes, Tia is my new Jag/Freddy who may or may not be male :P

Writing a reply now lol

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

Lamm, my vote is for female jag, I have an I phone 4. I can't see text on the screen, since my vision has gone to the dogs in the last couple of years, but I guess it is a good phone. Pretty much everything I post is off my camera, or my desk top. When I did not have a working computer, it was black out for me.

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Lol rob. This thread's gotten so silly, I love it.

I wish someone had warned me about how when it's mentioned that these Parachromis sp. can play dead they really mean 'play dead'. Went in there to see Tia literally burying her head into the fake plant. Tail up towards the surface, head down, no movement, nothing.. I thought she was stuck but no, she gave up and moved after I tried to 'free' her from the plant.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:I got a (maybe) Freddy!

She will be fine, I am sure there will be moments of frustration, but if the fish survived the situation she was in, then she is suffering an on going spa treatment at the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lammergeier

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

I've spent the last hour or so just chillin' out with this little one to get it more used to me and noticed a few things:
1: When she/he's relaxed, there isn't much in the way of vertical stripes. Also think I saw a male sex organ so Jack, right again I think. :evil:
2: Even though it's only been a few days this little one is turning seriously yellow, with a bit of orange tint to the gill plate I think I have a little male Freddy :woohoo:
3: This little fish seems to like me. It's even started begging for food a little bit. It's terrified of Mr Lamm though, but I've been spending 90% of the time with it so it's not really surprising.

I'll post a vid to confirm in a couple of hours.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: I got a (maybe) Freddy + smartphone discussion for some reason

No way shape or form that's a Jag. P. Friedrichstahlli all the way. And a male. Head structure too broad for female.

"so Jack, right again "......It's a gift. Now if only I could make that make me money..... B)

Yeah, when Parachromis sulk, they do it better than Oscars. My male RT Mota apparently doesn't like the move to the 75GL, & has gone on a hiding spree. I turn that basement light on, BOOM he heads to his PVC pipe. :pinch:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Lammergeier replied the topic: I got a (maybe) Freddy + smartphone discussion for some reason

It is a gift, and for a gift in return:

And a couple of pics

What a difference just a couple of days of clean water and vitachem soaked food makes, huh? :D She... gah, HE ate Hikari biogold tonight too, so no more bloodworms. Going to try him on some prawn soaked in vitachem tomorrow.

I'm just totally in love with this little critter.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Freddy! New pics 14 Feb 2015

Looks like he is going to develop some nice marking, the yellow is really trying to show up in the video. Nice looking little fella Lam.

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Lammergeier replied the topic: Freddy! New pics 14 Feb 2015

Yeah, I think this little guy has a whole lot of potential colour-wise. To show any yellow after only 3 days after coming from those god-awful conditions is really surprising me. There was a hint of it yesterday, but after feeding him this morning something clicked and he started really calming down and exploring the tank, and then the yellow started shining through. Aside from the occasional 'hurr I'm dead' sticking head into plant shenanigans he's settling in well.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds