Rules of This Category

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Rules of This Category

PM'd you David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Rules of This Category

Is information being used from scientific journals or more of experience or both?

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Rules of This Category

Poseidon2.0 wrote: PM'd you David

Got it.

Go for it.

Rocksor wrote: Is information being used from scientific journals or more of experience or both?

Im going from more personal experience with odd little bits Ive gathered over the years from the internet.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Rules of This Category

Personal experience is fine as long as it is labelled personal experience.

Water parameters should have a recommended on it. I know of scientific data gathering that has already conflicted with the oscar temperature range.

Also, I would not put "wide range" anywhere in there. Put a specific range. It just sets up for more confusion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big-Ken, UNC-CH

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Rules of This Category

Im going with personal and stared that in one of the vieja posts... gonna add that comment in all of them. No way I have time to look up scientific journals

Rock you gotta add some entries especially the pike

I sometimes will add things I found on the internet like pics of massive adult fish or unusual things regarding the fish. But just a reminder if we use another persons pictures to give due credit and post where the picture came from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big-Ken, daddadoo7

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Rules of This Category

These cichlid profiles are something that a lot of people may end up reading just when searching for a species of cichlid, so the more accurate the information available the better.

If anyone finds any (scientific) data that contradicts anything in the profiles, I think the profiles should be updated to reflect that more up-to-date information, whether it be through a reply, or contacting the OP to have him or her update their post. I'm also in full agreement that anything that's based on personal information probably should be labelled as such (I'll edit the Umbee entry to reflect that).

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Rules of This Category

How about if contradictory info is found that info should be posted in the thread along with links/resource to where said info was found and a moderator will review it to validate its authenticity and update the original post if the info is valid.

You can alert all the mods of a proposed change by reporting the thread with a message like "proposed cichlid profile edit"

I also feel personal experience with said species is as important as factual info but needs to be clearly marked as such. I would highly recommend that everyone should post the temp they kept the species at, all foods they fed, what they found worked, and what they found didn't. I'm constantly looking for personal experienced on fish and corals and love to find real world info instead of factual encyclopedia drivel

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Rules of This Category

Sounds good Ken.

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds