Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

• Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

Thats a great bannana fact O: 50% of our DNA wow lol crazy n its funny that primates eat them xD , how good are theys for oscars? high in what vitamin?
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 18

Sosban Fach replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

Dnno about vitamin but they have high potasium content.

Eat them all the time for swimming.

I threw some in for my O once; he didn't touch it. Ive fed grapes he seemed to love them peeled of course.
  • Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

i'll agree with the fact that if you can save millions of lives by testing on animals i'm all for it.....
  • Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

Chimps are one strand of DNA from being human. Test potential meds/vaccines on humans who already have any disease being "worked on". Let's see some volunteers. :pinch:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.
  • OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

The problem is, without animal testing many of the drugs that save lives nowadays would not be available.

I think it's easy for a healthy person to reject any type of testing. But when you are actually in a position where animal testing Could change your life completely, I can almost guarantee would look at things differently. For instance, they need to test animals in order to come up with a cure for spinal injury. I'm sure it's not very nice for those rats, but I'm afraid I could live with animal testing if it meant me walking again.

So, I do reluctantly agree with animal testing if it means saving the lives. However, I find it disgusting that animals have had to put up with testing for people's vanity.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)
  • Thank you received: 18

Sosban Fach replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

I agree with OFL, but as I said I think theres is limits.

And cosmetic testing is just ridiculous.

You'd be surprised you do get alot of volenteers for medical tests; either because they need the money or its there only chance of treatment from there ailment.

In most of those cases theres normally alot of animal testing before it goes to humans and the probabuillity of success is failry positive and known siude affects are failry well documented as well by that time.
  • Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

its a tough call

I dont really agree with coursing pain to animals but then we do grow animals to eat; they are just being bred to be killed. I agree with Penn that without this testing we would not have the drugs, medications or advancements we have today. We can do organ and arm transplants because of animal testing. WE know how dangerous smoking is sadly again due to testing on animals. I do not think we should have the right to cause long term suffering to any animal just for our benefits. But it has helped many humans and other animals in the long run.

Why are we trying to save so many people? I mean this world has too many humans on it and yet we want to make more. I know I just had a baby so have added one more to the ever growing population, but in some ways we shouldnt be trying to cure all diseases as they are there as a population control. Again if I could save a friend or heal anyone and stop their suffering I would be up for any methods if I knew it would help.

A fact is that most animal foods, Iams and others are made through animal testing to create the best food.

The worse thing I saw and made me feel ill was a German scientist in the 40's thank god the war came along as he stopped his experiments but he was taking a puppies head and sewing it to the mum. The puppy head was a wake and alert and would drink milk, but then was rejected and died a few days later; the mother dog got infection and died a month or more after. He also did monkey experiments where he swapped heads. These were very disturbing films and has stayed in my mind for years. How cruel and why but I guess if it was possible it means you could transplant a head on to another body. It could help people whose bodies dont work. But would they be them? And would it be fair or ethical to continue.

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• benmcfadden
  • benmcfadden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re:Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

J. Those experiments you speak of remind me of Joseph Mengler who was the nazi doctor in charge at various camps throughout the holocaust. I read a book called children of flames about experiments they would do on sets of twins that came to the death camps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haku, I knew your were good.
  • benmcfadden
  • benmcfadden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re:Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

Wiki -

Twins were subjected to weekly examinations and measurements of their physical attributes by Mengele or one of his assistants.[49] Experiments performed by Mengele on twins included unnecessary amputation of limbs, intentionally infecting one twin with typhus or other diseases, and transfusing the blood of one twin into the other. Many of the victims died while undergoing these procedures.[50] After an experiment was over, the twins were sometimes killed and their bodies dissected.[51] Nyiszli recalled one occasion where Mengele personally killed fourteen twins in one night via a chloroform injection to the heart.[32] If one twin died of disease, Mengele killed the other so that comparative post-mortem reports could be prepared.[52]

Mengele's experiments with eyes included attempts to change eye color by injecting chemicals into the eyes of living subjects and killing people with heterochromatic eyes so that the eyes could be removed and sent to Berlin for study.[53] His experiments on dwarfs and people with physical abnormalities included taking physical measurements, drawing blood, extracting healthy teeth, and treatment with unnecessary drugs and X-rays.[37] Many of the victims were sent to the gas chambers after about two weeks, and their skeletons were sent to Berlin for further study.[54] Mengele sought out pregnant women, on whom he would perform experiments before sending them to the gas chambers.[55] Witness Vera Alexander described how he sewed two Gypsy twins together back to back in an attempt to create conjoined twins.[50] The children died of gangrene after several days of suffering.[56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haku, I knew your were good.
  • Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

could be same guy it was on a program I watched it was quite disturbing I could try and find them but not sure I want to see it again.

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds