Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

• benmcfadden
  • benmcfadden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re:Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

I do like history and more so WW2. It's strange but I find it fascinating that something like that happened and the world stood and watched for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haku, I knew your were good.
The topic has been locked.
  • Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

I do find it a bit odd that we go out of our way on this site to counsel people how wrong they are for over-crowding aquariums & being cruel to their fish (which are considered a food source, BTW) but some find it acceptable to strap an empathic, intelligent primate who is damn near human genetically to a table or pump them full of chemicals & perform all sorts of painful experiments on them in the name of bettering humanity.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

If any of you haven't guessed, I find animal testing abhorrent, especially on higher animals. That's my last word on this subject. :pinch:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.
  • Thank you received: 18

mishka replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

I'm strongly against animal testing, however, I do understand that human lives need to be saved, and that's FINE, but I don't understand why they need to test apes, cats, dogs, rabbits, etc.. I already feel horrible about mice being tested on, but what is the reason behind testing on all other animals?

I agree with Darth, testing apes is by far the worst kind of cruelty when it comes to animal testing.

Thinking about it truly makes me sick, there ARE human test subjects that volunteer to be studied on, and there are more than you really think. If they really need to grab a ton of defenseless animals who can feel pain to test a bunch of crap on, then why make it in the first place? I am definitely for items that are natural and don't need animal testing, they didn't need any of this hundreds of years ago. Truly I don't see the point in testing all sorts of chemicals on animals when we shove highly processed crap down our throats, as if that is going to make us live longer anyways.

It amazes me how much cancer there is now a days compared to hundreds a years ago, because I can tell you it definitely wasn't because they were testing on animals! The world will continue to create processed foods and bad chemicals to ingest into our bodies, so really, what is the true significance of testing it on animals when , regardless, is killing us slowly.

What I REALLY don't understand is testing illegal drugs on animals, WTF is the point? Has anyone seen the video of LSD being tested on the cat and then it dies? It's just SO wrong, who honestly needs to study that? Why put the cat through the suffering?
  • Thank you received: 40

face mcshooty replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

in end it all about power and greed we have more power then insects so we squish them we have more power then live stock so we eat them and we have more power then test animals so we use them to extend our lives people are greedy and always want more not saying it's a good thing but i can't condemned something that saved so many people's lives including mine

Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead focus on what to do next
  • Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

whats peoples views on cloning?

I mean if we cloned humans would they be lower beings and then so would be used for testing? Its an odd thought.

they can clone meat, organs and animals, how do we know if they feel? like is it right to clone animals to test on? I think it would be wrong and cruel, but again if they could clone organs and safe lives than that would be beneficial.

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

jnet wrote: whats peoples views on cloning?

I mean if we cloned humans would they be lower beings and then so would be used for testing? Its an odd thought.

they can clone meat, organs and animals, how do we know if they feel? like is it right to clone animals to test on? I think it would be wrong and cruel, but again if they could clone organs and safe lives than that would be beneficial.

J, that's a completely different subject for a separate discussion.

Back on the original topic, please.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.
  • Thank you received: 18

mishka replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

in end it all about power and greed we have more power then insects so we squish them we have more power then live stock so we eat them and we have more power then test animals so we use them to extend our lives people are greedy and always want more not saying it's a good thing but i can't condemned something that saved so many people's lives including mine

I understand your point, but there has been a lot of lives saved without testing on animals. We eat stock because it has been known to man since the beginning of time to eat animals in order to survive, the same reason animals eat each other.. I'm not a vegetarian, meat is an important part of a human's diet, but animal testing is a completely different thing, basically torture, if you will.
  • Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Week 1 - Animal testing. Yes or No

sorry my bad; I was just thinking would it be ok to test on clones but I guess another time. :)

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds