Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

• benmcfadden
  • benmcfadden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden created the topic: Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

I came across this yesterday and thought it was worth throwing it out there -

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-26592340

Haku, I knew your were good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

in my country, people doesn't pay much attention about it... ye... lactating mother could breastfeed
their baby in public but should take it with caution. if the mother is sitting along the alley, i believe she
should look for some place with less pedestrian or at least she should take some covering...
if the woman is so beautiful with glowing boobs, people will not hesitate to look or stare at it...
i must admit, i will take a look at it... some people may take malice at it but that is reality...
but if the mother put some covering even if it is not totally hidden, public will give respect ...

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

The act of doing it in public is fine, but being exposed while doing it still tends to make most people in the area uncomfortable. There is no need to be exposed doing this in public anymore. There are so many great blankets that have been specially designed for feeding and keeping covered at the same time. So until people can stop feeling uncomfortable with someone feeding around them, then the moms should take care to not expose themselves while feeding. Myself I don't care, exposed or covered it doesn't bother me but I'm just stating how humanity seems to feel about it right now.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re:Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

aren't we supposed to wait till the last one has went a week?

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

I think we can do multiple ones...it locks after a week, so no harm done.

It doesn't bother me, but.....right or wrong women's breasts are sex objects....have been for a very long time....that's why women wear cleavage-showing dresses & go out & get what God gave them enlarged......

No problem w/ breast feeding, but if you don't cover up & have @ least some sense of decorum, & some goofball decides to stare @ what you're exposing, you can't get mad @ them.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

Breastfeeding in public doesn't bother me in the slightest. Most of us have seen a pair of breasts before, I don't think there's anything sexual about watching a baby sucking on a woman's boobs, well it doesn't do anything for me anyway. :-) However, there will be people who will stare and may even get a kick out of it. So if a woman is going to go into a restaurant and gets her breasts out in public, don't complain if people look.

However, what does irritate me Are the women who make a big point about breastfeeding in public and will go out of their way to do it in front of everybody. My sister had a baby a couple of years ago and we managed to get out and about without her having to feed in public, it's not difficult to work around it. So if you've got people who take offence, then why not save a lot of trouble and find somewhere private?

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 18

mishka replied the topic: Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

As a female here is my outlook on breastfeeding in public..

I don't believe breastfeeding in public is wrong, it doesn't bother me given the place.. however, I think the woman should be aware of her surroundings as well before she just goes and does it. I understand that their baby is hungry with the kicking and screaming and crying.. and honestly, I think they are capable for finding an area a little more discreet.

For instance, I went to a funeral about a year ago and right where everyone was sitting while his family read their goodbyes, this woman was sitting there just breastfeeding, and I did find that a little inappropriate, I mean show a little respect, that or just step out in the lobby or the bathroom!

It's a part of human life, I get it, but sometimes I do feel like some woman take it totally out of hand, whether they are being defensive or offensive about it.

• Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

I like breasts.

:)

Joking aside, I personally don't have a problem with it, but do think the mother should make an effort to cover up.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

Breastfeeding at a funeral, that is a new one on me :-) This just goes to prove that mothers should really consider what other people are going to think. Most people will probably try and ignore somebody in a restaurant if they are breastfeeding their babies. But really, I think it's down to the mother to use a little bit of decorum And evaluate her surroundings. If you are going out for a meal then surely you will have planned feedings around this and you are not just going to get your boobs out whilst people are enjoying their starters.

Maybe family orientated restaurants, cafes, diners could dedicate a very small section of their restaurant into a family area where people can feed the little ones with out attracting attention to themselves. If you think about it, a diner that creates a dedicated area to new mothers would probably be very popular and would actually gain from it.

Anyway, I don't know why any woman would want to get her breasts out in public anyway, she wouldn't do it in normal circumstances, so why do it just to feed the baby when there are other alternatives?

But like I said, I really couldn't care less if somebody flopped them out whilst I was in a diner, I would just look the other way.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Breast Feeding in Public ? Yes or No ?

I think as long as a women does it discreetly its ok.
It's not only about making others uncomfortable if not covered. What parent wants to have this conversation with let's say their 3 year old at the mall , because some women feel its the natural thing to do and let it all hang out , only to make a point.
I agree that breast feeding is natural , but so is sex. And no one has that in the middle of a mall or restaurant either... :blink:

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds