States raise minimum wage

• Darth Nandopsis
  • Darth Nandopsis's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis created the topic: States raise minimum wage

www.cnbc.com/id/102299478?__source=xfinity|hero&par=xfinity# .

I had this on before.....just doesn't make sense.....who in their right mind thinks you should be able to raise a family working @ Wendy's? How much should you make for doing menial tasks? What these govt do-gooders don't realize is that many employers aren't willing to take more of a hit beyond the taxes they already pay & will simply close up shop OR move to somewhere that they don't have to pay all these labor costs....like Mexico.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: States raise minimum wage

What this will do is drive the price of EVERYTHING up because business owners will not absorb the higher cost of business they will pass it along to the consumer and all these idiots working entry level jobs will be back at square one because all their NEW money will go to pay for the same OLD crap and they will drag the lower middle class into poverty with them because they wont get a raise since they're already making just a little above minimum wage........stupidity
The following user(s) said Thank You: kjohnsonjazz

• Thank you received: 5

kjohnsonjazz replied the topic: States raise minimum wage

I agree. I think that it is a bandage that only "helps the little" for a very short term. You are correct that as soon as this hits business will just drive up the prices of everything. If anything lets find a way to lower what everything costs. Other wise it won't be to long and we will be paying $200 for a candy bar and make 300,00 a year and that will be a "middle class' income. If there is proof that raising the min. wage actually helps the eco over the long haul I would love to read it.

Moderators: Big-Ken
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds