Goodbye bowfront

  • Posts: 1802
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Goodbye bowfront

That bowfront was a nice tank, but 75 makes sense. Good luck with the treatment.
#402533
The following user(s) said Thank You: DMD123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DMD123
  • DMD123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 1582
  • Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Goodbye bowfront

daddadoo7 wrote: I read that completly covering the tank with a blanket works best 0 light....hope this works man... not sure if this applies but some of the symptoms are loss of appetite and lethargy..... chunks still acting like a beast ....maybe just that good ol bb oscar genes


I turned off the light and have a heavy blanket covering the tank right now. I guess velvet need light and a host, so working on what I can control and that is the light.

Been irritating for sure with symptoms or lack of them. No loss of appetite, no stingy poo, no flashing, no rubbing up on stuff, no clamped fins.... see the pattern? :pinch:
#402556

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DMD123
  • DMD123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 1582
  • Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Goodbye bowfront

robham7770 wrote: That bowfront was a nice tank, but 75 makes sense. Good luck with the treatment.


I had at one point thought about putting my little puffer in that tank. I wanted to do a tank that had a large school of white clouds and the puffer. I thought the tank would be large enough that the white clouds would have a chance not to get eaten and it would be a pretty cool effect with the little predator and all these small schooling fish. But I have enough tanks to keep me busy.
#402558

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 1802
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Goodbye bowfront

DMD123 wrote:

robham7770 wrote: That bowfront was a nice tank, but 75 makes sense. Good luck with the treatment.


I had at one point thought about putting my little puffer in that tank. I wanted to do a tank that had a large school of white clouds and the puffer. I thought the tank would be large enough that the white clouds would have a chance not to get eaten and it would be a pretty cool effect with the little predator and all these small schooling fish. But I have enough tanks to keep me busy.

I would have a hard time parting with it, but I still have a leaky 55 gal I am on the fence about getting rid of. I hope your buddy buys it, it would be fun for you to see what happens to it.
#402561

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DMD123
  • DMD123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 1582
  • Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Goodbye bowfront

robham7770 wrote: I would have a hard time parting with it, but I still have a leaky 55 gal I am on the fence about getting rid of. I hope your buddy buys it, it would be fun for you to see what happens to it.


I have to answer to the wife... so it has to go. :laugh:

My friend was wanting to get into fish for a while now and he just kept holding back because it was just not the right set up he was looking for. Over the past year I slowly got him deeper into the hobby. Started him on a betta in a fluval Chi I found on Craislist for $20 that was like new. Would give him a net here, a bucket, a gravel vac, etc. Eventually he had a ton of gear. So when I had an empty 20L complete with everything I handed it over and now he has a shell dweller tank going and loves it. I know if he got the bowfront he would go with African cichlids and it would be cool to see that happen. I love to corrupt others into fish keeping!
#402569

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • benmcfadden
  • benmcfadden's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Posts: 12895
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re:Goodbye bowfront

I do like abowfront

Haku, I knew your were good.
#402954

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 3605
  • Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Re:Goodbye bowfront

Love the size of a 75 perfect size for a single fish. Can you come over and corrupt my wife....so I can get a bigger tank?
#403062

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DMD123
  • DMD123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 1582
  • Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Goodbye bowfront

tehmole wrote: Love the size of a 75 perfect size for a single fish. Can you come over and corrupt my wife....so I can get a bigger tank?


My evil powers dont work on wives at least it does not on mine. :P

My friend who wanted my bowfront cant get it because of his wife.... I really need to hone my powers.
#403065

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds